Welcome to the 2023-2024 School Year!
In accordance with state law, we are required to ensure that all school-age children living within the
boundaries of the Staples-Motley Public School District are being educated. Our primary role is to
ensure that all homeschools comply with state law and provide the necessary information and forms
to each homeschool for compliance.
For specific homeschool questions and requirements, visit the Minnesota Department of Education
The person or nonpublic school in charge of providing instruction to a child has annual reporting
requirements to local superintendents. By October 1st, one of the above forms (see above link) must be submitted to the local school districts.
● An “Initial Registration Form for Unaccredited Nonpublic Schools” or
● A “Letter of Intent to Continue to Provide Instruction” after a “Full Report” has been
submitted in the same district.
In addition, please submit the following forms to the school district:
● “Student Report for Aids to Nonpublic Schools” if you are interested in being reimbursed for
eligible textbooks, standardized tests, and individualized instructional materials. Please
submit this form by October 1st. The reimbursement rate for the 2023-2024 school year is
$95.69 per child. After the order has been received, please submit an “Expense Voucher”
and original receipt to receive reimbursement.
● “Standardized Test Request” if you desire to have your child(ren) complete district or state
assessments in addition to nationally normed tests. Please submit this form by September
● “Request Form for District Pupil Health Services” by September 15th.
● “Request Form for District Secondary Guidance/Counseling Services” by September 15th.
Please submit completed forms to:
Staples-Motley School District
905 4th St. NE
Staples, MN 56479